Mariellen Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Mary:
Anglicized form of Maria, which is derived from the Hebrew Miryām (sea of bitterness, sea of sorrow). There is much debate over the meaning of the name, however. While "sea of bitterness or sorrow" seems to be the most probable, some sources give the alternative definitions of "rebellion," "wished-for child," and "mistress or lady of the sea." The name, borne in the Bible by the virgin mother of Jesus, has become one of the most enduringly popular names in the Christian world.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Name Lists Featuring Mariellen
Contribute your knowledge to the name Mariellen
- Comments and insights on the name Mariellen
- Personal experiences with the name Mariellen
- Nicknames for Mariellen
- Meanings and history of the name Mariellen
- Famous real-life people named Mariellen
Mariellen Ward, author
- Mariellen in song, story & screen