Marijana Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Mariana:
Feminine form of Marian, which is from the Latin Marianus (of Marius), a name derived from Mars, the name of the Roman mythological god of war. As a result of similarity of form, the name became associated with Maria, the name of the Blessed Virgin, and was often bestowed in her honor.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Marijana? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Marijana
Contribute your knowledge to the name Marijana
- Comments and insights on the name Marijana
Form of Mariana used in Croatian, Serbian, and Slovenian.
- Personal experiences with the name Marijana
Met at least 3 girls named Marijana, pronounced mah-ree-YAH-nah, not even similar to "marijuana".
- Nicknames for Marijana
- Meanings and history of the name Marijana
- Famous real-life people named Marijana
- Marijana in song, story & screen