Marinana Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Mariana:
Feminine form of Marian, which is from the Latin Marianus (of Marius), a name derived from Mars, the name of the Roman mythological god of war. As a result of similarity of form, the name became associated with Maria, the name of the Blessed Virgin, and was often bestowed in her honor.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Marinana? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Marinana
Contribute your knowledge to the name Marinana
- Comments and insights on the name Marinana
- Personal experiences with the name Marinana
- Nicknames for Marinana
- Meanings and history of the name Marinana
- Famous real-life people named Marinana
- Marinana in song, story & screen