Marisol Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Marisol:
Popular Spanish compound name composed from Maria and Soledad (solitude).
From A World of Baby Names by Teresa Norman.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Marisol? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Marisol
Contribute your knowledge to the name Marisol
- Comments and insights on the name Marisol
- Personal experiences with the name Marisol
- Nicknames for Marisol
Mari, Mai, Misa, Solie, Maris, Marisun, Sunshine, Sol
- Meanings and history of the name Marisol
A Spanish nickname for Maria Soledad, a name for the virgin Mary, which means lonely Mary.
You could translate it literally from "mar" (sea), "i" (and), and "sol" (sun), to mean sea and sun, but this was not its original meaning.
- Famous real-life people named Marisol
- Marisol in song, story & screen
"Marisol" by Emily Osment