Mariya Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Mariah:
Variant of the Hebrew Moriya (teacher). The name is borrowed from that of a hill from which Abraham prepared to offer Isaac up as a sacrifice. It is a holy place now covered by the Muslim Kubbet es-Sakrah (the Dome of the Rock).
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Mariya? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Mariya
Contribute your knowledge to the name Mariya
- Comments and insights on the name Mariya
variant of Mariah
- Personal experiences with the name Mariya
- Nicknames for Mariya
- Meanings and history of the name Mariya
- Famous real-life people named Mariya
- Mariya in song, story & screen