Mariyah Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Mariah:
Variant of the Hebrew Moriya (teacher). The name is borrowed from that of a hill from which Abraham prepared to offer Isaac up as a sacrifice. It is a holy place now covered by the Muslim Kubbet es-Sakrah (the Dome of the Rock).
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Mariyah? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Mariyah
Contribute your knowledge to the name Mariyah
- Comments and insights on the name Mariyah
Ranked 678 in 2009
- Personal experiences with the name Mariyah
- Nicknames for Mariyah
- Meanings and history of the name Mariyah
Arabic: Fair complexion; name of the wife of the Prophet
- Famous real-life people named Mariyah
- Mariyah in song, story & screen