Martel Name Meaning & Origin
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Martel? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Martel
Contribute your knowledge to the name Martel
- Comments and insights on the name Martel
Martel (also Martell) is pronounced mar-TEL. It is of English origin and a variant of the male name Martin.
Martel has 1 variant form: Martell.
- Personal experiences with the name Martel
- Nicknames for Martel
- Meanings and history of the name Martel
Derived from the Latin word "martellus," meaning "hammer."
- Famous real-life people named Martel
- Martel in song, story & screen
Martel, a fictional goddess in Tales of Symphonia
Martel (David Eddings), a white-haired renegade Pandion Knight from David Eddings' book series, The Elenium
Martel (FMA), from Fullmetal Alchemist