Martita Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Marta:
Cognate of Martha, which is derived from the Aramaic Mārthā (lady, mistress). The name is borne in the Bible by the sister of Lazarus and Mary of Bethany.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Martita? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Martita
Contribute your knowledge to the name Martita
- Comments and insights on the name Martita
- Personal experiences with the name Martita
- Nicknames for Martita
- Meanings and history of the name Martita
Spanish diminutive of Martha, meaning "lady" or "mistress of the house"
- Famous real-life people named Martita
Martita Hunt, English actress
Martita Roca, Guatemalan-born actress and singer
Martita (born Marta Rodriguez), Cuban-born coffee hostess on Univision
- Martita in song, story & screen