Martyna Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Martina:
Feminine form of Martin, from the Latin name Martīnus, which is derived from Mars, the name of the Roman mythological god of war. Martina, a common name throughout Europe, received a boost in popularity through the fame of tennis star Martina Navratilova (b. 1956).
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Martyna? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Martyna
Contribute your knowledge to the name Martyna
- Comments and insights on the name Martyna
- Personal experiences with the name Martyna
- Nicknames for Martyna
- Meanings and history of the name Martyna
- Famous real-life people named Martyna
- Martyna in song, story & screen