Mary-anne Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Maryann:
A name that originated as an extended spelling of Marian, a variant of Marion which is a French diminutive form of Marie, a cognate of Mary. It is now used as a hybrid, combining the names Mary and Anne. Var: Mariann, Marianna, Mary Ann, Mary Anna, Mary Anne.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Mary-anne? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Mary-anne
Contribute your knowledge to the name Mary-anne
- Comments and insights on the name Mary-anne
Mary and Anne
- Personal experiences with the name Mary-anne
- Nicknames for Mary-anne
- Meanings and history of the name Mary-anne
- Famous real-life people named Mary-anne
- Mary-anne in song, story & screen