Maryanna Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Mariana:
Feminine form of Marian, which is from the Latin Marianus (of Marius), a name derived from Mars, the name of the Roman mythological god of war. As a result of similarity of form, the name became associated with Maria, the name of the Blessed Virgin, and was often bestowed in her honor.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Maryanna? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Maryanna
Contribute your knowledge to the name Maryanna
- Comments and insights on the name Maryanna
I like it pronounced mayr-ee-ah-na.
- Personal experiences with the name Maryanna
- Nicknames for Maryanna
- Meanings and history of the name Maryanna
- Famous real-life people named Maryanna
- Maryanna in song, story & screen