Marylal Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Marilla:
A short form of Amaryllis, a name of uncertain meaning. Amaryllis was the name borne by a shepherdess in the classical poems of Virgil and Theocritus. Alternatively, the name may be bestowed in reference to the genus name of a family of colorful flowering plants.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Marylal? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Marylal
Contribute your knowledge to the name Marylal
- Comments and insights on the name Marylal
- Personal experiences with the name Marylal
- Nicknames for Marylal
- Meanings and history of the name Marylal
- Famous real-life people named Marylal
- Marylal in song, story & screen
Marilla Cuthbert from the "Anne of Green Gables" book series