Maryssa Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Marissa:
Modern elaboration of Maria, formed by adding the suffix -isa, -issa, as in such names as Louisa (light) and Clarissa (famous, bright).
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Maryssa? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Maryssa
Contribute your knowledge to the name Maryssa
- Comments and insights on the name Maryssa
Maryssa, a uncommon spelling of the name Marissa, is a strong and classy name.
- Personal experiences with the name Maryssa
One of my best friends is named Maryssa, it's been really great to have nicknames that grow with her.
In Elementary school, we called her Ryssy (Riss-ey) or Ryssa
In Middle school it was Ryss
In High school it was M
- Nicknames for Maryssa
Ryss, Ryssy, Ryssa, M, Mary, Mar
- Meanings and history of the name Maryssa
- Famous real-life people named Maryssa
- Maryssa in song, story & screen