Matel Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Matilda:
Derived from the Old High German Mahthilda (powerful in battle), a compound name composed of the elements maht (might, power) and hiltia (battle).
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Name Lists Featuring Matel
Contribute your knowledge to the name Matel
- Comments and insights on the name Matel
Yiddish pet form of Matilda/Mathilde
- Personal experiences with the name Matel
- Nicknames for Matel
- Meanings and history of the name Matel
- Famous real-life people named Matel
- Matel in song, story & screen