Matylda Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Matilda:
Derived from the Old High German Mahthilda (powerful in battle), a compound name composed of the elements maht (might, power) and hiltia (battle).
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Matylda? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Matylda
Contribute your knowledge to the name Matylda
- Comments and insights on the name Matylda
Czech and Polish form of Matilda
- Personal experiences with the name Matylda
- Nicknames for Matylda
- Meanings and history of the name Matylda
- Famous real-life people named Matylda
- Matylda in song, story & screen