Mckenzie Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Mackenzie:
Transferred use of the Irish surname which is from the Gaelic Mac Coinnigh (son of Coinneach). Coinneach is derived from cainneach (fair one; handsome).
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Mckenzie? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Mckenzie
Contribute your knowledge to the name Mckenzie
- Comments and insights on the name Mckenzie
- Personal experiences with the name Mckenzie
- Nicknames for Mckenzie
Kenzie, Kenz, Mekkie, Mackie, McKenz, Mick, Mac, MickyMac
- Meanings and history of the name Mckenzie
- Famous real-life people named Mckenzie
- Mckenzie in song, story & screen