Meagan Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Megan:
Borrowed from the Welsh, Megan is a pet form of Marged, the Welsh cognate of Margaret (a pearl).
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Meagan? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Meagan
Contribute your knowledge to the name Meagan
- Comments and insights on the name Meagan
- Personal experiences with the name Meagan
My name is Meagan. I'm so glad that my parents added the extra "a" in my name. It really sets me apart from all the Megans out there.
My little sister is a Meagan, and she loves her name! I love that it's different but not to crazy!
- Nicknames for Meagan
Meg, Megz, Meggo
- Meanings and history of the name Meagan
Welsh origin. Alternate spelling of Megan, which is a variant of the Greek name Margaret. Means "pearl." Alternate spelling of Megan which is of Anglo-Saxon origin and means "strong."
- Famous real-life people named Meagan
• Meagan Duhamel (Canadian figure skater and Olympic medalist)
• Meagan Good (American actress and producer)
• Meagan McKinney (American author)
• Meagan Tandy (Miss California 2007)
- Meagan in song, story & screen