Meagan Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Megan:
Borrowed from the Welsh, Megan is a pet form of Marged, the Welsh cognate of Margaret (a pearl).
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Meagan? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Meagan
Contribute your knowledge to the name Meagan
- Comments and insights on the name Meagan
- Personal experiences with the name Meagan
- Nicknames for Meagan
Meg, Megz, Meggo
- Meanings and history of the name Meagan
Welsh origin. Alternate spelling of Megan, which is a variant of the Greek name Margaret. Means "pearl." Alternate spelling of Megan which is of Anglo-Saxon origin and means "strong."
- Famous real-life people named Meagan
• Meagan Duhamel (Canadian figure skater and Olympic medalist)
• Meagan Good (American actress and producer)
• Meagan McKinney (American author)
• Meagan Tandy (Miss California 2007)
- Meagan in song, story & screen