Melanija Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Melanie:
Derived from the Greek Melaina, which is from the root melas (black, dark). The name was made popular through its association with two 5th-century Roman saints, a grandmother and granddaughter remembered for their piety and good works for the poor.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Melanija? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Melanija
Contribute your knowledge to the name Melanija
- Comments and insights on the name Melanija
form of Melanie used in Serbian, Macedonian, Slovene, Latvian, and Lithuanian
- Personal experiences with the name Melanija
- Nicknames for Melanija
- Meanings and history of the name Melanija
- Famous real-life people named Melanija
Melania (born Melanija) Trump, wife of Donald Trump
- Melanija in song, story & screen