Melantha Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Melanie:
Derived from the Greek Melaina, which is from the root melas (black, dark). The name was made popular through its association with two 5th-century Roman saints, a grandmother and granddaughter remembered for their piety and good works for the poor.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Melantha? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Melantha
Contribute your knowledge to the name Melantha
- Comments and insights on the name Melantha
It's a mysterious and sophisticated Grecian name
- Personal experiences with the name Melantha
One of the main characters in my book I wrote, Melantha is a herione and elven princess.
- Nicknames for Melantha
- Meanings and history of the name Melantha
It comes from the Greek word "Dark Flower"
- Famous real-life people named Melantha
- Melantha in song, story & screen