Melanya Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Melanie:
Derived from the Greek Melaina, which is from the root melas (black, dark). The name was made popular through its association with two 5th-century Roman saints, a grandmother and granddaughter remembered for their piety and good works for the poor.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Melanya? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Melanya
Contribute your knowledge to the name Melanya
- Comments and insights on the name Melanya
- Personal experiences with the name Melanya
- Nicknames for Melanya
Mel, Lanya, Lania, Lonnie, Anya
- Meanings and history of the name Melanya
Old Greek name meaning "dark"
A name in our Russian family tree.
- Famous real-life people named Melanya
- Melanya in song, story & screen