Meliz Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Melissa:
Derived from the Greek melissa (a bee). The 16th century Italian poet Ariosto used the name for the good fairy who protected Bradamante and helped Ruggero escape from Atlante upon the hippogriff in the poem Orlando Furioso.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Meliz? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Meliz
Contribute your knowledge to the name Meliz
- Comments and insights on the name Meliz
- Personal experiences with the name Meliz
- Nicknames for Meliz
- Meanings and history of the name Meliz
Turkish variant of Melissa.
- Famous real-life people named Meliz
- Meliz in song, story & screen