Melony Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Melanie:
Derived from the Greek Melaina, which is from the root melas (black, dark). The name was made popular through its association with two 5th-century Roman saints, a grandmother and granddaughter remembered for their piety and good works for the poor.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Melony? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Melony
Contribute your knowledge to the name Melony
- Comments and insights on the name Melony
- Personal experiences with the name Melony
Most people pronounce it wrong when reading it, pronounce it to sound like Meloney, with a long o sound.
- Nicknames for Melony
- Meanings and history of the name Melony
- Famous real-life people named Melony
- Melony in song, story & screen