Melyssa Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Melissa:
Derived from the Greek melissa (a bee). The 16th century Italian poet Ariosto used the name for the good fairy who protected Bradamante and helped Ruggero escape from Atlante upon the hippogriff in the poem Orlando Furioso.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Melyssa? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Melyssa
Contribute your knowledge to the name Melyssa
- Comments and insights on the name Melyssa
variant of Melissa
- Personal experiences with the name Melyssa
- Nicknames for Melyssa
- Meanings and history of the name Melyssa
- Famous real-life people named Melyssa
Melyssa Ford, a Canadian model and actress.
- Melyssa in song, story & screen