Melyssande Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Melisande:
Variant of Millicent, derived from the obsolete Old High German Amalswinth, a compound name composed of the elements amal (work) and swinth (strength): hence, "strong and industrious."
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Melyssande? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Melyssande
Contribute your knowledge to the name Melyssande
- Comments and insights on the name Melyssande
French spelling Melissande (accent over the first "e" )
- Personal experiences with the name Melyssande
- Nicknames for Melyssande
Mel, Melli, Lyssa, Sandy,
- Meanings and history of the name Melyssande
- Famous real-life people named Melyssande
- Melyssande in song, story & screen