Merissa Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Marissa:
Modern elaboration of Maria, formed by adding the suffix -isa, -issa, as in such names as Louisa (light) and Clarissa (famous, bright).
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Merissa? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Merissa
Contribute your knowledge to the name Merissa
- Comments and insights on the name Merissa
- Personal experiences with the name Merissa
I personally have this name and many people like to tell me how unique it is because of the way it is spelled. Instead of Ma-risa it is pronouced like Mer-isa. I am very smart pweetyy beautiful in eveery way Love u ZAc Efron ur my herooooooooo KISS KISS im oly a kid
- Nicknames for Merissa
- Meanings and history of the name Merissa
- Famous real-life people named Merissa
- Merissa in song, story & screen