Michaya Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Michael:
Derived from the Hebrew mīkhā’ē‘l (Who is like God?). The name is borne in the Bible by one of the seven archangels. He is the one closest to God and is responsible for carrying out God's judgments. Var: Michaell, Michail.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Michaya? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Michaya
Contribute your knowledge to the name Michaya
- Comments and insights on the name Michaya
- Personal experiences with the name Michaya
- Nicknames for Michaya
- Meanings and history of the name Michaya
Michaya is from the Hebrew mi cha-yahu?, meaning, "who is like Jehovah?" It is a variant of Michael, which means "who is like God?"
- Famous real-life people named Michaya
- Michaya in song, story & screen