Milja Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Emilia:
Feminine form of Emil, derived from the Latin Aemilius, an old Roman family name probably derived from aemulus (rival, trying to equal or excel, emulating) There are some who thing Emilio is of Germanic origin and derive it from the element amal (work).
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Milja? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Milja
Contribute your knowledge to the name Milja
- Comments and insights on the name Milja
Finnish variant of Emilia
- Personal experiences with the name Milja
- Nicknames for Milja
- Meanings and history of the name Milja
- Famous real-life people named Milja
- Milja in song, story & screen