Missie Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Melissa:
Derived from the Greek melissa (a bee). The 16th century Italian poet Ariosto used the name for the good fairy who protected Bradamante and helped Ruggero escape from Atlante upon the hippogriff in the poem Orlando Furioso.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Name Lists Featuring Missie
Contribute your knowledge to the name Missie
- Comments and insights on the name Missie
A nickname for Melissa
- Personal experiences with the name Missie
Had a kitty named Missie.
- Nicknames for Missie
- Meanings and history of the name Missie
- Famous real-life people named Missie
- Missie in song, story & screen