Mora Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Maura:
Of Celtic origin perhaps derived from mohr (great). Alternatively, Maura is a feminine form of the Latin Maurus (dark-skinned), which is from the Greek mauritius (of Moorish lineage, dark-skinned).
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Mora? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Mora
Contribute your knowledge to the name Mora
- Comments and insights on the name Mora
- Personal experiences with the name Mora
I met a lovely older lady named Mora who was related to Abe Lincoln. She was independent and smart!
- Nicknames for Mora
- Meanings and history of the name Mora
Spanish "little blueberry"
- Famous real-life people named Mora
- Mora in song, story & screen