Morinne Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Maren:
German variant of Maria, the Latin form of Mary, which is derived from the Hebrew Miryām (sea of bitterness, sea of sorrow). There is much debate over the meaning of the name, however. While "sea of bitterness or sorrow" seems to be the most probable, some sources give the alternative definitions of "rebellion," "wished-for child," and "mistress or lady of the sea."
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Name Lists Featuring Morinne
Contribute your knowledge to the name Morinne
- Comments and insights on the name Morinne
Popular last name used as a girls name; Alternate spelling Morin
- Personal experiences with the name Morinne
- Nicknames for Morinne
- Meanings and history of the name Morinne
- Famous real-life people named Morinne
- Morinne in song, story & screen