Muirgheal Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Muriel:
Anglicized form of the Irish Muirgheal and the Scottish Muireall, names composed from the Old Celtic elements muir (sea) and geal (bright).
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Muirgheal? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Muirgheal
Contribute your knowledge to the name Muirgheal
- Comments and insights on the name Muirgheal
"mur + el"
- Personal experiences with the name Muirgheal
- Nicknames for Muirgheal
- Meanings and history of the name Muirgheal
"bright as the sea"
The Irish form of the name Muriel.
- Famous real-life people named Muirgheal
- Muirgheal in song, story & screen