Nadja Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Nadia:
French form of the Russian Nadya, a pet form of Nadezhda, which is directly derived from the word meaning "hope." The name was introduced to France early in the 20th century when the Ballet Ruse was established in Paris.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Nadja? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Nadja
Contribute your knowledge to the name Nadja
- Comments and insights on the name Nadja
- Personal experiences with the name Nadja
- Nicknames for Nadja
- Meanings and history of the name Nadja
Form of Nadia used in German and Slovene.
- Famous real-life people named Nadja
German recording artist Nadja Peulen
German model and actress Nadja Auermann
- Nadja in song, story & screen