Nao Name Meaning & Origin
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Nao? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Nao
Contribute your knowledge to the name Nao
- Comments and insights on the name Nao
Nao (なお, ナオ?) is a common feminine Japanese given name which is occasionally used by men.
- Personal experiences with the name Nao
- Nicknames for Nao
- Meanings and history of the name Nao
It can have many different meanings depending on the kanji used.
- Famous real-life people named Nao
* Nao (ナオ), a drummer from Visual Kei band Alice Nine
* Nao Kawakita (奈緒), the drummer and backup vocalist of Japanese rock band Maximum the Hormone
* Nao Matsushita (奈緒), a Japanese actress and pianist
* Nao Nagasawa (奈央), a Japanese actress, singer and model
* Nao Oikawa, a Japanese AV actress and tarento
* Nao Ōmori (南朋), a Japanese actor
* Nao Saejima (奈緒), a Japanese AV actress
* Nao Takamori (奈緒), a Japanese voice actress
* Nao Toyama (奈央), a Japanese pop solo artist and former leader of Buzy
* Nao Yazawa (直), a Japanese manga artist
- Nao in song, story & screen
* Nao, a character in the manga series Inu Neko Jump!
* Nao Chikura (名央), a character in the manga series Hatsukoi Limited
* Nao Kanzaki (ナオ), the main protagonist in the manga and live actions series, Liar Game
* Nao Makinoha (奈緒), a character from the shōnen fantasy manga Midori No Hibi
* Nao Morisaki (七央), a character from the erotic visual novel Soul Link
* Nao Yuuki (奈緒), a supporting character in the anime series My-HiME
* Nao Mariota Pryderi, a character in the video game Mabinogi