Naoimh Name Meaning & Origin
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Naoimh? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Naoimh
Contribute your knowledge to the name Naoimh
- Comments and insights on the name Naoimh
To English speakers, Naoimh/Naomh sounds similar to and is easily confused with the much more common name Niamh, "brightness, radiance."
- Personal experiences with the name Naoimh
Pronounced 'Neeav', the name originates from 'Naoimh', The Irish word for 'Saint'; The added 'i' changes its meaning to 'little Saint'. The spelling of the name has been simplified to 'Niamh' over time.
- Nicknames for Naoimh
- Meanings and history of the name Naoimh
An alternate spelling of Naomh, Irish Gaelic for "saint" or "holy." Eileach an Naoimh is the ancient Holy Isle of the Hebrides.
- Famous real-life people named Naoimh
- Naoimh in song, story & screen