Nessie Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Agnes:
Derived from the Greek Hagnē, which is from hagnos (chaste, pure, sacred). The name was borne by a thirteen-year-old Roman martyred for her Christian beliefs during the reign of the Roman emperor Diocletian
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Nessie? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Nessie
Contribute your knowledge to the name Nessie
- Comments and insights on the name Nessie
A very popular Irish name, not just a nickname.
- Personal experiences with the name Nessie
- Nicknames for Nessie
- Meanings and history of the name Nessie
nickname for Agnes or Vanessa
- Famous real-life people named Nessie
- Nessie in song, story & screen
Scotland's Loch Ness Monster is colloquially referred to as Nessie