Olena Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Helen:
Cognate of the Greek Helenē, which is derived from the root ēlē (light, torch, bright). The name is borne in Greek legend by the beautiful wife of the king of Sparta. Her abduction by the Trojan prince Paris sparked off the Trojan War.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know an Olena? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Olena
Contribute your knowledge to the name Olena
- Comments and insights on the name Olena
- Personal experiences with the name Olena
- Nicknames for Olena
- Meanings and history of the name Olena
Ukrainian form of Helen, as well as a feminine form of Olaf/Ole.
Hawaiian for Tumeric. Pronounced oh-LAY-na.
- Famous real-life people named Olena
- Olena in song, story & screen