Olga Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Olga:
Feminine form of Oleg (holy), a name derived from the Scandinavian Helgi, which has its root in the Old Norse heill (hale, hearty; blessed, holy).
From A World of Baby Names by Teresa Norman.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know an Olga? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Olga
- Russian Girls Names: Most Popular Names for Girls in Russia 2014
- Polish Girls Names: Most Popular Names for Girls in Poland 2014
- Polish Girls Names: Most Popular Names for Girls in Poland 2012
- Polish Girls Names: Most Popular Names for Girls in Poland
- Russian Girls Names: Most Popular Names for Girls in Russia
Contribute your knowledge to the name Olga
- Comments and insights on the name Olga
- Personal experiences with the name Olga
- Nicknames for Olga
Olya, Olly, Olguis, Olguita
Olen'ka, Olechka, Olushka, Lyala
- Meanings and history of the name Olga
From Old Norse, meaning "holy"
- Famous real-life people named Olga
Olga Nikolaevna Romanova, Grand Duchess of Russia (1895-1918)
Olga Guillot, singer
Olga Breeskin, TV hostess
Olga Korbut, gymnast
Olga Kurylenko, Ukrainian/French actress
Olga Tanon, Latin singer
- Olga in song, story & screen
Olga Pataki, Helga's sister on Nickelodeon's Hey Arnold!
Olga Larina, Tatiana's sister in Pushkin's "Eugene Onegin"