Olya Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Olga:
Feminine form of Oleg (holy), a name derived from the Scandinavian Helgi, which has its root in the Old Norse heill (hale, hearty; blessed, holy).
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know an Olya? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Olya
Contribute your knowledge to the name Olya
- Comments and insights on the name Olya
- Personal experiences with the name Olya
- Nicknames for Olya
- Meanings and history of the name Olya
Russian nickname for Olga
- Famous real-life people named Olya
One of Grand Duchess Olga Nikolaevna of Russia's (1895 to 1918) nicknames.
- Olya in song, story & screen
A character in the novel 'A Week in December' by Sebastian Faulks.