Ophia Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Sophia:
A borrowing from the Greek, Sophia is directly derived from sophia (wisdom, skill). The name has been in common use in England since the 17th century, when it was bestowed upon the infant daughter of James I.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know an Ophia? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Ophia
Contribute your knowledge to the name Ophia
- Comments and insights on the name Ophia
Liked the name Sophia however its too popular
- Personal experiences with the name Ophia
My youngest daughter is called Ophia
- Nicknames for Ophia
- Meanings and history of the name Ophia
- Famous real-life people named Ophia
- Ophia in song, story & screen