Orsalina Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Ursula:
A borrowing from Middle Latin, Ursula is a diminutive of the Latin ursa (she-bear). The name was borne by a legendary 4th-century saint, a Christian British princess said to have been martyred along with eleven thousand virgins by the Huns at Cologne. The story was very popular in the Middle Ages, which helped establish the name throughout England and Europe. Var: Ursala.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Name Lists Featuring Orsalina
Contribute your knowledge to the name Orsalina
- Comments and insights on the name Orsalina
- Personal experiences with the name Orsalina
- Nicknames for Orsalina
- Meanings and history of the name Orsalina
Means "little she bear"
- Famous real-life people named Orsalina
- Orsalina in song, story & screen