Orsola Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Ursula:
A borrowing from Middle Latin, Ursula is a diminutive of the Latin ursa (she-bear). The name was borne by a legendary 4th-century saint, a Christian British princess said to have been martyred along with eleven thousand virgins by the Huns at Cologne. The story was very popular in the Middle Ages, which helped establish the name throughout England and Europe. Var: Ursala.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know an Orsola? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Orsola
Contribute your knowledge to the name Orsola
- Comments and insights on the name Orsola
- Personal experiences with the name Orsola
- Nicknames for Orsola
- Meanings and history of the name Orsola
Orsola is an Italian form of Ursula.
- Famous real-life people named Orsola
- Orsola in song, story & screen