Orsolya Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Ursula:
A borrowing from Middle Latin, Ursula is a diminutive of the Latin ursa (she-bear). The name was borne by a legendary 4th-century saint, a Christian British princess said to have been martyred along with eleven thousand virgins by the Huns at Cologne. The story was very popular in the Middle Ages, which helped establish the name throughout England and Europe. Var: Ursala.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know an Orsolya? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Orsolya
Contribute your knowledge to the name Orsolya
- Comments and insights on the name Orsolya
Hungarian form of Ursula
- Personal experiences with the name Orsolya
My friend is called that :3
- Nicknames for Orsolya
- Meanings and history of the name Orsolya
- Famous real-life people named Orsolya
- Orsolya in song, story & screen