Oursoula Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Ursula:
A borrowing from Middle Latin, Ursula is a diminutive of the Latin ursa (she-bear). The name was borne by a legendary 4th-century saint, a Christian British princess said to have been martyred along with eleven thousand virgins by the Huns at Cologne. The story was very popular in the Middle Ages, which helped establish the name throughout England and Europe. Var: Ursala.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Name Lists Featuring Oursoula
Contribute your knowledge to the name Oursoula
- Comments and insights on the name Oursoula
Greek form of Ursula
- Personal experiences with the name Oursoula
- Nicknames for Oursoula
- Meanings and history of the name Oursoula
- Famous real-life people named Oursoula
- Oursoula in song, story & screen