Pamelyn Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Pamela:
Coined by the English poet and statesman Sir Philip Sydney (1554 - 86) for the name of a character in his pastoral Arcadia. It seems to have been pure invention, for there are no other names upon which it could have been based. The name was originally pronounced pam-EE-lah, and in the 18th century pah-MEL-lah. It was not until the 20th century that the pronunciation evolved to PAM-ah-lah and the name became common.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Pamelyn? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Pamelyn
Contribute your knowledge to the name Pamelyn
- Comments and insights on the name Pamelyn
- Personal experiences with the name Pamelyn
- Nicknames for Pamelyn
- Meanings and history of the name Pamelyn
- Famous real-life people named Pamelyn
Pamelyn Ferdin, Animal Rights activist and former child star
- Pamelyn in song, story & screen