Parvana Name Meaning & Origin
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Parvana? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Parvana
Contribute your knowledge to the name Parvana
- Comments and insights on the name Parvana
This is an Iranian name meaning "butterfly". It has the same lyrical ring to it as "Paloma", as well as the same roots in a rich culture. "Parvaneh" is the original version, but this spelling is easier to pronounce and arguably more popular among Iranian-Americans.
- Personal experiences with the name Parvana
- Nicknames for Parvana
- Meanings and history of the name Parvana
"Butterfly", from Iranian.
- Famous real-life people named Parvana
- Parvana in song, story & screen
Parvana, in Deborah Ellis' children's novel "The Breadwinner", is a young Iranian girl who must disguise herself as a boy in order to support her family.