Pennilyn Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Penny:
Originally a pet form of Penelope, Penny is also bestowed as an independent given name. Its use in the U.S. is reinforced by the word penny, which refers to the one-cent coin.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Pennilyn? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Pennilyn
Contribute your knowledge to the name Pennilyn
- Comments and insights on the name Pennilyn
- Personal experiences with the name Pennilyn
- Nicknames for Pennilyn
- Meanings and history of the name Pennilyn
Meaning: Beautiful Duck
Old English: From Lyn: Beautiful
Greek: From Pennie: Duck
- Famous real-life people named Pennilyn
- Pennilyn in song, story & screen
On Gilmore Girls, her name is Pennilyn Lott. She is the woman who Richard was engaged to before he met Emily.