Petra Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Petra:
Feminine form of Peter, from the Late Latin Petrus, which is derived from petros (a stone) or petra (a rock).
From A World of Baby Names by Teresa Norman.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Petra? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Petra
- Hungarian Girls Names: Most Popular Names for Girls in Hungary 2014
- Portuguese Girls Names: Most Popular Names for Girls in Portugal 2012
- Hungarian Girls Names: Most Popular Names for Girls in Hungary 2010
- Bosnian Herzegovinian Girls Names: Most Popular Names for Girls in Bosnia Herzegovinia 2014
- Bosnian Herzegovinian Girls Names: Most Popular Names for Girls in Bosnia Herzegovinia
- Hungarian Girls Names: Most Popular Names for Girls in Hungary
Contribute your knowledge to the name Petra
- Comments and insights on the name Petra
- Personal experiences with the name Petra
- Nicknames for Petra
Peti, Pet ,Petri ,Pepi, Pepe, Pepper,petronila ,petrona,petrita,prietita.
- Meanings and history of the name Petra
- Famous real-life people named Petra
Petra Collins, Canadian photographer.
Petra Němcová, Czech fashion model.
Petra Haden, American singer & violinist.
Petra Kelly, German politician and human rights activist.
Petra Kvitova, Czech tennis player.
Petra Mede, Swedish comedienne
Petra,Mexican American ,Temples
- Petra in song, story & screen
Petra Gregory, 7-year-old character in the book "The Weight of Silence", the best friend of Calli Clark, raped by her father's student.
Petra Arkanian - member of Ender's "jeesh" in Orson Scott Card's Ender Sequence
Petra Greene, a character in Rachel Maude's "Posuer" series
A character from Chasing Vermeer
Petra Ral, a character from the manga and anime series Attack on Titan/Shingeki no Kyojin
Petra Solano, a character from Jane the Virgin
Petra,the seventh wonders of the world hand carved city of stone 100bc was found burried many tresures billions of it all hand carved city of stone red