Phebe Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Phoebe:
Feminine form of the Greek Phoibos (bright one), which is derived from phoibos (bright). Phoebe is found in Greek mythology as a name for Artemis, the goddess of the moon. In poetry, Phoebe is the moon personified.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Phebe? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Phebe
Contribute your knowledge to the name Phebe
- Comments and insights on the name Phebe
- Personal experiences with the name Phebe
I have a sister named Phebe. She is has a sweet, spunky spirit. Love the name!
- Nicknames for Phebe
Fee-Fee, Phebe Beebe, Phebster
- Meanings and history of the name Phebe
- Famous real-life people named Phebe
- Phebe in song, story & screen
Found in the Bible- Romans 16:1
Found in one of Shakespeare's plays "As You Like It"