Posey Name Meaning & Origin
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Posey? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Posey
Contribute your knowledge to the name Posey
- Comments and insights on the name Posey
Posey is a flower as well as a surname
- Personal experiences with the name Posey
- Nicknames for Posey
- Meanings and history of the name Posey
Spelling variant of Posy, which is a common diminutive of Josephine. Josephine is the French feminine version of Joseph. Joseph: From Ioseph, the Latin form of Greek Ιωσηφ (Ioseph), which was from the Hebrew name יוֹסֵף (Yosef) meaning "he will add".
It can also be inspired by the English word posy, which is a small bunch/bouquet of flowers.
Posey is a surname of possible French, English, or German origins.
- Famous real-life people named Posey
Tyler Posey - Mtv Teen Wolf
- Posey in song, story & screen