Rahel Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Rachel:
From the Ecclesiastic Late Latin and the Ecclesiastic Greek Rhachēl, which is derived from the Hebrew rāchēl (ewe).
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Rahel? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Rahel
Contribute your knowledge to the name Rahel
- Comments and insights on the name Rahel
- Personal experiences with the name Rahel
- Nicknames for Rahel
- Meanings and history of the name Rahel
This is a form of Rachel used in several languages, including German and Polish.
- Famous real-life people named Rahel
- Rahel in song, story & screen